mode change

archive

Still-life with Three Suspended Bodies
Works
Studio
Still-life with Three Suspended Bodies
A single channel video, plaster of Paris, steel, rope, sandbag and AV equipments
Size variable
5'14"
Collaborated piece with Martin Wilson
Temporary loan to Zeitz MOCAA

The collaborative work by Martin Wilson and Kyu Sang Lee, a South Korean photographer and video artist, originated as an experimental exploration of video projection as a metaphor for the act of remembering. In challenging the conventional use of a flat surface for projection, the artists opted for a three-dimensional scene. This choice underscores the ephemeral and unstable nature of memory. The absence of physicality in the image results in its integration with the surfaces of various objects within the space, thereby adding complexity to the interpretation rather than providing clarity.

This piece was featured in the third iteration of Gallery MOMO Cape Town's annual video exhibition, 'Be Kind. Please Rewind'. The exhibition showcased works by both local and international artists, with a focus on the themes of history, memory, nostalgia, and storytelling through film and video. It aimed to interrogate the intricate relationship between video as a medium and its role in shaping and understanding historical and memory narratives.

thank you for visiting my website.