mode change

archive

The Absurd Dance no. 1
Works
Studio

The Absurd Dance no. 1
Archival Giclée print
200 x 160 cm

Lee's photographic series The Absurd Dance methodically investigates themes of discord and cultural intersection, aiming for transcendence through the lens of temporal universality. The series' strategic deployment of chroma key green—a hue integral to the photographic and cinematic industries—serves as a critical exploration into the confluence of technology and aesthetic theory. This particular chromatic choice is emblematic of the widening fissure between humanistic attributes and the trajectory of technological evolution, yet it simultaneously functions as a bridge, facilitating a synthesis between technological progression and the augmentation of human expressiveness.

In Lee's oeuvre, the application of chroma key green is reflective of his personal narrative of navigating through varied cultural landscapes, histories, and geographies. His experiential narrative of migration and cultural assimilation is mirrored in the dichotomy presented in his photographs, where monochromatic imagery coexists with elements of vibrant colouration.

The specific utilization of chroma key green, chosen for its distinct capacity to be conspicuous yet replaceable in digital imagery, underscores its unique position in the photographic lexicon as both a standout and an integrative element. This vibrancy, notwithstanding its distinctiveness, symbolises the potential for reconciliation and integration of disparate hues, thus representing the artist’s quest for a sense of belonging in an environment characterised by continuous flux and transformation.

thank you for visiting my website.